Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The roadshow

So I braced my courage and went down to this Career Roadshow at Raffles City today. They were having some walk-in interviews, which I weren't very keen. But still, never tried this before so I thought I'd go down and have a look.

I understood the roadshow as a walk-in interview sort of thingy. But I didn't expect a full interview to be done there. The interviews were so long my queue barely moved for the 45 mins I was there. And there were 10+ people in front of me still. I thought it would be a brief interview and get to know session by talking to the people working there only. I thought the roadshow was really inefficient so I shall not disclose which company was organising it. But well, it was from the fashion industry. Hah.

There was this woman who was queuing for another booth. And when I got there, she was already complaining to the guy in front of her, who was there for the walk-in interview as well. Could see he felt really awkward. Another 45 mins into the queue, the woman got fed up and yelled at one of the organising helpers. She said it wasn't right she had to wait this long for an interview. She was practically screaming. She should have just left. I wouldn't think she'll get the job even when she got her turn. Hah. It was a pretty scary experience though.

Met with DX and watched Michael Moore's new documentary, Capitalism - A love story. It's not bad, gave some insights into the administration of the US government. Michael Moore always has this sarcarstic humor approach, so it's a slightly entertaining documentary. Now all eyes are gonna be on Goldman Sachs! The big earners! Oh, I should probably send a resume over. Hah.

No comments: