Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Jessie J - Who You Are

Met up with Zhangyi for dinner after so many months. It's funny because in the beginning we were just chatting about what we have been up to. I felt a little awkward initially because we haven't seen each other for so so long, unlike last year, where I see him almost every day.

At one moment, he turned and just blatantly declared that he really missed me. I was almost moved to tears. Don't get me wrong, it's not the love you are thinking about. Rather, it's sort of a brotherly-sisterly love, a pact that can only be formed while working with him constantly in LP. Hah. It was funny, and I told him it actually sounded like him declaring his love for me. We laughed about it after and I realised he's not the only one I missed dearly but I miss the entire wave too. Such a family, nowhere to be found. At the BBQ last Sunday, Emma was just declaring that we are a family and that we have to share things together. Hah. That statement resonated in me. I wonder if we were a real family related by blood, how would the hierarchy looked like. That would have been one hell of a family.

We caught up with what we were doing, and had a little chat about our LP journey, about how some of us are struggling and yet not giving up. We talked about books and learnings about our own journey after LP. It was nice yet nostalgic. Gave me a little more energy and knowledge.

On the way home a song was playing in my iphone. It's funny how God speaks to you in so many different ways. I've listened to this song for so many times, and never a time like this, it resonated so much. Pretty much about what Zhangyi and I talked about, and about how I'm personally feeling and going through right now.

Jessie J sang this at the subway station. Amazing voice she has. Even amazing lyrics.

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are.

Enjoy =)




1 comment:

Meiting said...

She has a powerful voice! Like the last sentence, just be who you are.

A side note, maybe blogs can have a like button.. Or a mood button of the writer when the blog is written...