Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Start living.

10 Nov - Woke up at 515am today and got ready to go for Relief Teaching! First time going to a school not as a student but as a teacher. It was really weird when I was standing at the parade square singing the national anthem and saying the pledge. How long has it been since I did this? Almost 8 years!

Was doing relief teaching for Primary 6 kids. They had finished their exams and had pretty much nothing to do. And I really wonder why they are in school for. Wouldn't it be better if they are at home doing the stuff they like? I mean 1-2 weeks of playing cards is fine but more than a month?!

Anyway, it's not really teaching. They just needed someone to maintain some order. I didn't think I did a great job for all the classes (some were really difficult to control!), but I had fun with some classes. Was chatting and playing games. Kids are really curious creatures. =)

Went for lunch with Sihui & Guobin after and headed home directly. Guobin was called up for relief teaching as well. Sihui later commented the school administrator asked if he was interested to do this permanently! She didn't asked me. So disappointed... =(

Was totally burned out after the 5.5 hrs of school. I know! It's only 5.5 hrs. But it's really tiring! Not too sure why though. Slept from 5pm till 630pm and headed down to Bugis to meet Eileen and Peifang after. Had a nice dinner at NYDC. Been ages since I've been there. Nice catching up too! Peifang and I were chatting non-stop on the way back. It's nice to finally get to know her. We have been in the same clique for years and it's this year when we finally talked more. Amazing!

Finally wrapped up the Jamie Oliver's book in plastic! To protect the book mah.. haha. Can't wait to use it next week! Did something else I wasn't expected to do today. Decided to write my own bucket list. Included some crazy/scary things, but not too crazy/scary. Only in my opinion they are crazy/scary enough. Hah.

I can't wait to see WY's bucket list. Would like to see if there are any similarities. Realised the list is getting longer and longer and I'm not getting anywhere nearer. That means I'm super far from the events/things that will make my life fulfilling, and yet I do not know when my end of days are near.

Read a book today (I shall introduce this book at a later date). The author says "It would be foolish to be frightened by death, because all of us, sooner or later, are going to die. And only those who accept this fact are prepared for life."

Not too deep to understand eh? =)

No comments: