Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Vindicated

Was listening to dashboard confessional's vindicated when i suddenly remembered the first time i heard the song. Was when the sports camp gang was on our way to west coast park. huiying was singing rather unabashedly to the song. It was fun. Remembered the details from the trip, all of us climbing up the pyramid web. Me looking up at the skies thinking how vast the world was and how minute I am. How beautiful it will be to just lie soaking up the sun. I felt vindicated then, not sure why. Maybe it's because of the freedom.

That was when I started listening to dashboard's song. Many of which I liked. Those were the days. I felt excited when I heard this song. Not sure why, probably was the emotions that it brought. The carefree time of school days, full of fun and laughter.

Wierd thing is that when I heard it now at work, only brings sadness. Wistfullness. The fun that has passed. Time to get down to business. I stopped listening to rock, makes me queasy. Maybe that's the cost of growing up? No wonder my dad never like rock music. I'm feeling old. Instead of being vindicated, I think I'm far from it.

No comments: