Monday, November 28, 2005

Arguments

I hate arguments. Realised there's alot of things which i hate recently. I hate to argue my way through trying to justify why i am broke. Cos I know many wont understand. I'm not sure the reason why I am broke. But I do know how much I spent to make myself broke. Gross. So when friends keep asking me why I am broke I feel fustrated. Cos there's no reason to be, because I cannot find the things which caused me to be broke. Then friends assume I spent too much, which I find it wierd because I seriously dunno where my money went to. That is exasperating but I seriously do not blame them. So not to worry. So sorry both of you have to fight over it. I'm sorry.

My dad assumed I sm not humble enough when he was guiding me as I drove. Almost got into an accident today, which totally freaked me out. He kept nagging non stop and I couldn't concentrate at all, and I started yelling back. Then he got angry and both of us were yelling in the car. I'm starting to get a phobia of driving. It ends up in arguments and my hands growing damn cold. Worse, with him assuming that I'm not listening and learning everytime I asked him to shut up his damn mouth.

I know he was trying to teach me. But I can't learn everything all at once when I'm looking at the road and listening. He started arguing that I shouldn't switch on the car radio in the beginning. I was baffled. The radio was suppose to calm me down.

I stopped arguing. Got tired. Because at the end of it he was still assuming that I wasn't listening and I was not humble enough, when during the whole trip I was trying to take in everything I have learnt. I totally gave up. Couldn't stop crying while driving and he just kept talking about how weak I was. Did I ever mention playing tennis with him was always a full 2 hours of scolding? How I didn't play well, why my shots were so bad etc etc. It is tough being the daughter of a perfectionist dad. Did he ever knew I was trying my best to be his perfect daughter? Nothing is impossible is his motto.

My mom asked me not to drive anymore. No point arguing everytime I drive. My dad doesn't believe in phobia, but I have a phobia of driving, because it leads to unhappy moments. and I hate it. This is the worst argument we ever had. He refused to listen to what I said and just kept assuming what he was thinking. Arguing never works. It merely tires ppl out.

I am so tired. So many relationships. I think it's tough to have so many relationships. You gotta keep caring about others and it's tiring. I know that thinking is selfish, but who the hell cared about you when you are trying to explain yourself? Everyone just keep assuming. I may be guilty of that at times too, I don't deny. It's a human tragedy.

2 comments:

~juz pax~ said...

RULE No. 1 In driving..

NEVER DRIVE the car when ur dad is in the car.. NEVER..
even up to now.. 2-3 years after i got my license, I dun drive when my dad is around..

Reason is simple.. while he commits the mistakes himself, he will still complain abt you making the same mistake. The best way to "learn" from him, is to sit beside him when he drive.. and start pointing his mistakes.. =P

btw, dun worry abt the arguement... I just realised that while both parties are arguing abt an issue.. most of the time.. both are thinking abt other issues in their mind.. and these external issues are the root of the arguements..

Anonymous said...

No worries girl! It is natural leh! When driving with Dad right, sure stress out and Dad tends to nag a lot! (worse than mum's nagging) Bear with it!!! See ah...got stages one...first stage, pass. Second stage, driving with dad plus the nagging. Third stage, driving with friends. Fourth stage, driving alone. Fifth stage, driving kids...shit...I sound so naggy...

liz