Monday, October 31, 2005

Fire!

Woke up very early this morning. Opened my eyes just as the radio clock chimed. Usually would take me about half hour to get out of bed.

Got to the office. Suddenly realised I many be overdressed. Tom's holiday, others may wear informal...what the hell. I was clad in 3-quart sleeve black top and pants and heels!

Moment I got into office it felt wierd. Matt (a consultant) was at the ground floor talking on the phone in a worried manner. The security guys were moving around and not slacking in their usual position. People from other offices were commenting about some air-con malfunction.

Stepped into the office and there was burning smell all around. I could literally smell plastic being burnt. Then I heard there was a fire because the air con burnt out. The server room was down...not sure if the comp was still working. But the floor where I worked was pungent. Not forgetting there were no windows. The whole place was sewn with soot. But wierdly, the place was not burnt. Goodness knows where the soot come from. I swear the layers of ashes on my office was so gross there was soot stuck in my nose!

Cleared up some stuff before the professional came to clean up. My stuffs were so dirty I could barely clean them. Hai...was tinking of taking leave on Monday or Wednesday and now my leave is approved...half day only, and unexpectantly. Gross...so suay for such things to happen.

I was cleaning up with some of the girls until I realise there were guys standing around. I'm ok the boss is not doing anything, but I'm seriously surprised to see the sales guys standing around trying to look important and not helping. I have never seen such ungentlemen ppl. Not one, but many. Most likely hating to get their shirts dirty. If it was sports club, all the guys would help. Gross. What is the world coming to. I just hate that 'pretending to look bz' look. Totall gross me out.

Didn't help much also. Left when the asst head left. Not sure what to do even. Pretty traumatized, cos the toxic smell was really getting into me. I guess the world is this practical. You only help those who will help u next time. That's sick!

It's really thankful that nothing was burnt. If the comp were all down, I would imagine alot of structural changes, meaning less bonus, less workers etc. Boss must be pretty pissed off. What a suay thing to happen. Worse it's the eve of the festival of light (fire). Oxymoronic isn't it? hah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

deepavali over liao leh...update leh! :P

monkey