Friday, October 14, 2005

Memories

Will be staying with my granny over the weekend. All the members in the family are in discussion where granny will be locating to after granddad's death. But it seems like she doesn't want to shift anywhere. She however, asked for some of us to shift in with her from time to time.

My cousin said she was telling stories about her past yesterday. Her name was Kim Lian. The only name I ever knew she had. She however, told of a past none of us, not even her own children knew about. Her real name was Ah Sok, and she was an orphan who was sold not once but twice. Heard from my cousin that she mentioned that her life was hard, but the hardest was when she married Granddad. I just can't imagine the bitterness she was willing to forget and the love she had for him. I also cannot imagine how my granddad actually made her life horrible when in fact, he loved her deeply. Isn't it amazing?

My aunt is trying to write a family book. About the love story between my grandparents and how the family tree branches. I am anticipating how the stories unravel.

Got home late yesterday night. Had a good talk with my parents. I am trying to honour my parents as what God's commandments said. I want to follow what my grandpa asked me to do at his deathbed. Suddenly I missed my parents so much. Felt so much like a kid when I asked my dad if I could bunk it with them yesterday night. My dad gave an excited 'of cos' and asked me sleep between them. My mom, on hearing it refused said she'll have problem sleeping cos of the minimized space. I decided to bring in my own mattress!!!

Slept right under my dad. Felt like a kid all over again. I was sniffing throughout the night because of my sinus, and he actually turned to me and made sure I wasn't having a fever by putting his hand on my forehead to check the temperature. I felt so loved then. Still a daddy's little girl. Didn't imagine daddy would want me to sleep next to him again though. Felt really happy when he did.

I hope to be a changed person. Someone who understands and can be dependable. I know one day my parents will leave me like my granddad left his children. I don't want that to happen with regrets. I hope to have wonderful memories of my parents even when they are not around anymore. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeap i think that will be a nice feeling! :)

monkey