Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Vengeance

Everyday on Straits Times Interactive there will be at least one news about a certain bomb that went off somewhere. People are made to meet their maker sooner than what they expected just because some vengeful others think lives must be sacrificed for the greater good. Whose greater good?

I just cannot imagine why there are people who think they are able to decide the life span of others. It may think because it will die in the process it has at least done some good. Pardon my grammer here, it's not grammatical error. I believe the 'it' I am mentioning here cannot be considered a living thing. Its heart is already dead.

I believe all of us feel deeply when someone close passes away. Even if the person is just an acquaintance, there'll still be a sense of loss. Some of us even feel sad when we see pictures of bomb victims plastering on front page news. Why can't they feel anything?

Sometimes I think it can't be blamed. Society is different everywhere. It brings up different people. Singapore brings up the kind of person who is able to have the comfort to sit and read news about others dying and lament her thoughts on her blog.

Isn't there other solutions rather than extreme measures? What about compromise? Sometimes I don't even know why I am still alive. I feel sad for those who went away first.

No comments: