Sunday, October 25, 2009

The time is not wasted!

Been ages since I last blog. Officially had my last day at the bank on 15 Oct, and has been spending sometime with Wenyao, until he left for work on 20 Oct. Since then, I've been busy catching up with things that I've been procrastinating. It is important to look for another job, but most importantly, I must make sure my time hasn't been wasted, i.e. just catching up on shows the whole day! Hah.

Anyway, here's the update.

16-18 Oct
Bintan trip with Wenyao. I'm thankful there's a trip before he leaves for work. Did nothing much there but it was time very well spent. We actually spent 4 hours watching a Hindi movie when we were there!

19 Oct
Spent time with WY and his family. Had a reunion dinner that was 4 months early!

20 Oct
Sent WY off, and started clearing my room. And I mean clearing - the desk, the shelves and even the curtains. And not forgetting the laundry. It was a rather domestic day. Met with Cui too. Had 2 dinners that night!!! We had KFC followed by snacks at this prata place. Sinful! Best part was we did a lot of quality catching up!

21 Oct
Caught up with Naruto! Has been ages since I watched and I'm many episodes behind. Had a free movie with Ashley at Vivo, and free movie was proudly brought to us by the bank. Haha. It was weird when I saw the the SVP, even more when I saw Kit, from another dept, who kindly offered me a job at his dept, and which I politely declined. Oops.

22 Oct
Met up with Soon at Parkway Parade! Damn far lah...but... it was a nice experience. Been ages since I traveled to the area. They even have a borders! *Mountain turtled* Had a nice chat with Soon, who is a great mentor btw, and he made me come out with the list of things I want/need to do for the next few weeks/months! Ahhhhh...!

23 Oct
Crashed Soon's class at SMU. His lecture was fun! The dynamism was there, so much spontaneity and the class were allowed a space where imagination was infinite! I wished my lectures were that way in NUS. Participated in their discussion and feedbacked during their presentation. He introduced me as his guest and guess what, said I recently quit my job at a bank and is looking to work in the fashion industry. Haha. Nice way to put it. He invited me for crashing next week too! Had spa and waited for Sihui for 2 hours! She got the time mixed up so I went to the library for 2 hours instead. Time wasn't wasted, read cookbooks, interior design books, travel books. Found out I couldn't travel to Turkey in Feb next year. Shall look for another destination. Sihui treated me (for making me wait 2 hrs!) at Pu Tien at JP. Great stuff! Highly recommended!

24 Oct
After Jap Class, met up with Daixing for lunch at Borders. Watched "My Sister's Keeper". People were sniffing, it was a tear breaker. Slow but not too bad. (Please prepare lots of tissue if you're watching it! DX prepared for me, so nice of her. Hah.) Went East Coast for blading for almost 2 hours after. Had Popeye chicken at Singapore Flyer after. Quite a fulfilling day! DX had an exciting time driving though, with my sudden directions which requires her to change 4 lanes at one time, and of course, my habit of pointing to the right but saying left. Haha.

25 Oct
Went facial with my mom and headed back to our home (Senja). Realised it took only 9 minutes to walk from Bukit Panjang Plaza to our apartment, and that's really fast!!! Haha. Started cleaning up the house when I got there. Sicong, Daji and Daixing came after, and we had 3 hours of guitar hero. Realised the bottles of coke we had in the fridge was spilling. Thank God 3 of them were there to help me clean up!!! After Guitar Hero, we packed the whole set into SC's car and headed to "Da4 Shu4 Xia4" for dinner. Been wanting to try the food there and it was really not easy to find. The place has the nickname because there's this gigantic tree. Haha. The food is not too fantastic I must say. Chatted about New Year's Eve party and came out with a theme. This is going to be exciting!

I hope each day time is not wasted. Although I'm technically not working, truth is, I'm really working on my life here. When one ex-colleague from the bank bid me farewell on 15 Oct, she actually said "Enjoy your life". I might just do that. =)

No comments: