Friday, October 30, 2009

Mother in the making!

29 Oct - Headed to WY's place to collect the car. Initially wanted to just take the car keys and head off. Ended by playing with Baby Skylar. I'm proud to say I carried her for close to 1 hr! Good training for next week!

Called my granny to remind her we were going shopping and have a look at my new place today. Turned out she wasn't feeling well and the trip was cancelled. I decided to collect the NTUC vouchers instead (freebie from the Panasonic refrigerator that WY's mum kindly got for us!

Drove on my own to Bukit Merah and collected the free gift. I am so proud of myself! Always had this fear of driving alone to places I've never been to, turned out it was not too bad. Checked the time and decided to pick Gin (my 13 year old cousin) up from Crescent Girls. First time going to the school, and I'm driving! Hah. Sent her some text msgs, and she didn't reply, so I tried my luck! Thank God I caught her before she strolled out of the school compound, if not my trip would be wasted.

We drove to IKEA and had a nice lunch. Bought some home stuff as well - 2 wastepaper basket and 2 chairs. Sent Gin home and we went Jurong Point together. And I drove there too! But funny thing happened, I got us lost for 30 mins while trying to find the right directions to JP. Got into a shock when I drove into the checkpoint of Jurong Island. I must be super far off. Gin must be freaked!

Next, took her to Senja to deposit my new stuff and showed her around. Returned the car, and then we headed to Granny house before changing out to go for a jog! Was so tired but I'm so glad I ran the 4km.

Went back to granny's place for a quick dinner before my parents drove us back. And now I'm writing this, I'm proud to say I've done quite a bit of my Japanese language revision! Something which I have been procrastinating.. Bad bad bad. I'm lagging behind and the stuff is getting more confusing. But at least, the revision helped! Greatly! Konban nihongo o benkyoushimasu !今晩日本語を勉強ます!

So quite a lot of things done today, quite an accomplishment. Spent the day with family! Of course, the driving. I really drove a lot! Feels funny to drive a kid from school and to feed a baby. Hah. Mother in the making!

No comments: