Friday, January 07, 2005

today

went to visit granny today...finally discharged...on the day when she'll receive her baptism! hahaha.

walked into the ward to be greeted by many ppl..all coming to witness the baptism at the hospital...saw my granny and was going to take a bite of my lunch when my aunt asked if i have seen my grandpa. i was like 'whhaaa?'

seemed like he was admitted yesterday...the ward adjacent to my granny...the moment i walked in i went like,' ah gong...ni tai xiang popo le ar? haha...he cannot hear me la...but the rest of us were giggling...

it was quite wierd...my granny was really worried abt my grandad knowing that she was baptized...cos he didn't like it...all the daughters in the family were christians and the sons weren't...so imagine her fear when she always think of herself being converted. she felt she would be condemned by the males in the family...but one thing she hadn't realise...all her sons treat her like a god...as long as she like it was what they said.

three of my uncles attended the baptism...and she was really happy about it..cos i asked her secretly...and she didn't dare to show her happiness during the baptism...cos my grandad was around as well. ha ha ha. my aunts actually thought of baptizing him too... they say kill two birds with one stone...but my grandad is not really into this...tried talking about it to him before...it was a scary experience. hai..

heard from eno (the maid) that grandad was waiting for granny the whole day at the void deck yesterday...cos he was waiting for my granny to be discharged...was suppose to be discharged yesterday...but the doctor made her stay for another day. my granny was pretty upset cos he said my grandad cannot take anxiety and excitment. he has a weak heart. that whole event to me...was a love story. haa...never thought my grandparents loved each other before...cos i heard from my mom both were arranged marriage and my grandad used to be a wife beater in his younger days. imagine that. care for each other without the affectionate hugs and kisses. they were shy even when asked to take pics tog...haa..so lovely.

the cousins were brought there as usual...little vivianne, keanne and sheanne...they were really excited about the hospital...running here and there... vivianne is a really curious one. as her mom and i were fetching them back from the playground...she wandered towards another direction....to the lift lobby. there she saw a disabled man on a wheel chair...she curiously went to take a look at the missing legs...turned back to us and said...'ma..he has no legs' i was baffled...kids are so funny....and bold...haa. i guess that's one of the plus to have kids...then my aunt started saying,' well.. he has no legs but he is strong...' but she has already wandered towards my grandad's ward. seriously i dun think i know how to answer then....if my child were to say that. haa.

juz came back from the hospital...juz feel wierd...granny's baptized...i'm not...maybe that shd be my next step...my aunts were telling another relative abt the miracle my granny went through...she was so horrible the last weekend...and she got so much better over the last few days...haa..christ's blessings...how i wish my dad will come church with me too...now that his precious mom is converted...hah...shall drop hints to him abt it.

b4 the baptism...there is this uncle who was urging my grandpa to go witness the baptism...he was ning's dad. it was really wierd...cos he wasn't a believer...my aunt was telling me abt him not going church...she said when ning died...he went to church after a month of her funeral...and he stood up during altar call... but he didn't go church from then on....he said he had too many sins (he was quite the black sheep in the family)...but if there is a god he would believe it would be jesus christ. it was wierd...he wants to be a follower but he feared he would contaminate the religion and that's y he stayed away...then my aunt was like saying...would a healthy person need a doctor? hmm...made sense

haa...many thoughts today...looked at ppl all around me recently and i realise the less i look at myself...the more i understood the surroundings... last sunday the pastor was juz saying... sumtimes the less u do something...the more realization you'll get....contradicting...but yeah..true


No comments: