Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's 2006

I had loads of fun today! But I realised I didn't take any pictures at all. Haha.

Woke up this morning and trugged my skates to my granny house. Decided to take her shopping for once. Went to The Soup Restaurant at Jurong Point. After which we shopped at the value store. Everything was almost $1.05. Only some were slightly more expensive, capping at $4.05. I knew she bought close to 200 bucks when she was at this 2 buck jap store at IMM. This time she picked loads too. We had 4 basketful of stuffs. It was fun seeing her shopping around. Even better when you see her happy look! I felt I really made someone's day! Then I took her to NTUC where she bought heavier stuffs. Big cans of cooking oil and cartons of drinks! Thank God that the maid and wenyao was there to help. I have my hands full just pushing her around in the wheelchair.

Before we left for home, she asked me what is the name of the place that I just took her. I said it was Jurong Point. I felt so glad when I saw the slight smile on her face, trying to put into memory where she had been and what she had done today. I shall take her shopping a few times per month. Since I work late, I can spare my mornings. Just as long as I see the smile always on her face. It has been quite hard ever since my granddad's death. Can tell she misses him badly.

Saw her home and wenyao and I went to Queensway to buy my track shoes. It was my valentine's day gift. Very girlish colour, a bit not used to it. But the point here is it's comfortable! Wenyao said if I spoil the shoes before I finish training for the standard chartered 10km run, he will get me the nike zoom 360. Hah! I like that pair, cost a freaking 250, assumingly because of the comfort, and I seriously think it's over-exaggerated!

We headed down to East Coast to skate with our new blades. I got a pair for each of us. Although I got them at 1-for-1, I seriously feel I overspent. This shall be my extravagant indulgence for this year! Haha. I shall concentrate on running and skating! (I seriously hope! Motivate me PEOPLE!)

We had dinner at Jumbo! The food was 'oh-so-good'! Wenyao was saying it would cost us a bomb, but we were kinda shock at the price really. It was (happily)underestimated. They had a Valentine's day set costing $118+++, and I thought ours was so much cheaper and sumptous! We had Chili Crabs, Drunken Prawns, Garlic KaiLan, Seafood Soup with salted Veg and Beancurd, 4 Man Tous and Seafood Fried Rice. All was good, especially the Drunken Prawns! We finished every last bit of it!

We took a walk along the beach and gazed at stars (the cheapo romantic method) before heading home.

Haha..this was really a super fun day. I guess I felt I accomplished a lot today just by taking my granny out. It's really nice seeing her so happy. And also the fun goofy stuffs me and wy did while eating with our hands full of crap (crab). It sure beats eating out at fancy restaurants. I told him we'll do the same thing every Valentine's and he said I'll probably get bored with the idea. But then again, at least I had fun this year!

Thanks Wenyao! Happy Valentine's everyone!

No comments: