Friday, January 06, 2012

Wickedly Spectacular

And yes, I'm talking about Wicked! The musical that is, if you haven't heard, the musical is now playing at Marina Bay Sands. Can't wait to see what's coming after Wicked.

The musical is officially my favorite musical of all time! And of course, the song of the day would be "Defying Gravity". The lyrics spoke a lot about my journey thus far, and I could really relate to it. Here's what spoke to me. Haha.

Something has changed within meSomething is not the sameI'm through with playing by the rulesOf someone else's gameToo late for second-guessingToo late to go back to sleepIt's time to trust my instinctsClose my eyes: and leap!
It's time to tryDefying gravityI think I'll tryDefying gravityAnd you can't pull me down!

So if you care to find meLook to the western sky!As someone told me lately:"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"And if I'm flying soloAt least I'm flying freeTo those who'd ground meTake a message back from meTell them how I amDefying gravityI'm flying highDefying gravityAnd soon I'll match them in renownAnd nobody in all of OzNo Wizard that there is or wasIs ever gonna bring me down!

No comments: